Author: Sally Goldfinger
This easy cabbage ginger fry is an immune boosting Ayurveda Detox dish. It is low on fat and super healthy. It is an easy recipe and you can cook this in 10 minutes.
You can enjoy this dish with brown rice or basmati rice. If you have done an Ayurveda Consultation with me, and you suffer from a Vata Imbalance these days, I recommend you to use basmati rice, not brown rice.
You can adapt and adjust this recipe according to your taste:
1/2 white cabbage
3 garlic cloves
5-7 Coriander seeds ( you may use 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds instead)
1/2 Teaspoon ginger powder (You may use fresh ginger instead)
Fresh parsley (optional)
Fresh chili (Optional, if you like it a bit spicy)
- Slice the cabbage into long slices, put aside
- In a pan, add oil and let it warm up (low flame)
- Add 3 garlic cloves (crush them with a knife to release its flavour)
- Let the garlic be slightly brown
- Add in ginger powder our fresh ginger
- Add in coriander seeds (crush them in a mortar and then add them into the pan) . If you don’t like coriander seeds, then us cumin seeds and add it into the pan
- Add the sliced cabbage
- Add turmeric and stir
- If you want to spice it up, add chili as per your tase
- Add salt ( As per your taste)
- Stir for 2-3 min
- Add 2 table spoon water
- Simmer on low flame for 5 min (if you have digestive issues, let it simmer for longer and allow the cabbage to real get soft
ENJOY this easy cabbage ginger fry. Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Adjust the recipe to however you want. Cooking with intuition is what people used to do in the past. Your grandmother did it. And you can do it too!