Lunch is an important meal. It provides nutrients and energy to keep the brain working efficiently during the day. However, there are 5 foods not to eat during lunch hours.
Author: Sally Goldfinger
Lunch is an important meal in the day. For optimal brain performance and body activity, it’s best to have lunch between 12-2pm. During these hours the digestive “fire”, also known as “Agni” is at its highest. This means your metabolism is peaks during lunch hours. Therefore, you need a wholesome meal for lunch.
5 FOODS NOT TO EAT DURING LUNCH HOURS
- Vegetable soups (It ‘s healthy, however, it’s too light for lunch and will leave you much hungrier later). You could end up attacking your fridge when you come home.
- Italian pasta dish (It’s high in glucose and contains empty calories. Refined carbs will leave you feeling hungry quickly)
- Yoghurt with granola or berries (It’s too light for lunch hours, and puts off your “fire energy, because there isn’t enough fuel to keep your metabolism going. This meal is more suitable as an afternoon snack or as a breakfast.
- Pre-made sandwiches packed in plastic wrap. (The sandwiches often sit for hours in the fridge and soak up the chemical in the plastic. Choose a freshly made sandwich instead, made of fresh ingredients and on whole-wheat or rye-bread.
- Buffet meals (Often you end up overeating. The result is digetsive upset. Over-eating causes an increase in Kapha energy (heavy energy) in the body, and instead of feeling energised, you may end up feeling tired and unproductive.
DISCOMFORT IN STOMACH
Discomfort in the stomach is often connected to eating too fast. The best way to avoid discomfort in the stomach during lunch hours is to:
- Eat slowly. Chew your food well.
- Eat mindfully. Taste your food.
- Eat peacefully. Away from your work desk and away from your phone.
- Eat healthily. Choose wholesome foods and stop when you feel a comfortable level of fullness.
YOUR PERSONAL WELLBEING
Need a health boost or confused about your digestive health and overall wellbeing? I offer my personalised health consultations online or face-face.
I consider your individual body-type and your current life situation. My approach is holistic and is completely developed around you.
I do NOT offer a general holistic plan, instead I offer a personal program which suits your individual body-type and current lifestyle. The consultation also included a tongue reading. You send me 2 pictures of your tongue 2 days before a scheduled consultation.