Inflammation can occur when the body tries to fight toxic chemicals such as heavy metals, processed foods, alcohol, cigarette smoke, pollution and stress.
WHAT IS INFLAMMATION
When we don’t take care of our bodies, we can develop inflammation, which can show up as joint pain, fatigue, weight gain, skin rashes, itchiness, weight loss, and other imbalances.
Inflammation is how the immune system gives an alert to our body. There are many things that can cause inflammation, but a contributing factor is diet and lifestyle.
If you want to reduce inflammation in the body, it’s best to avoid these foods:
- Alcohol: Is highly acidic. This can cause joint pain, skin disorders such as eczema, psoriasis and rashes.
- Artificial sweeteners (sorbitol, aspatame, maltinol, etc: Can cause joint pain, weight gain and type 2 diabetes
- Processed oils (sunflower, palm oil, etc): High in omega 6 which can cause joint inflammation and arthritis
- Refined carbs: High in sugar and low in fiber. Can lead to joint inflammation, weight gain, fatigue and bloating
According to research studies show that a plant-based diet can reduce inflammation by lowering inflammation in the blood vessel walls. In Ayurveda it’s recommended to follow a nutrition plan to remove inflammation and lower high acidity in the body.
A CUSTOMISED NUTRITION PLAN
There are certain healthy foods that don’t align well with every body-type, especially when dealing with inflammation. An example is this: If a client has pre-dominant pitta in their body (pitta = fire energy), then eating vegetables or meals that contain tomatoes, olives or red bell peppers can worsen joint pain, arthritis, gout, skin imbalances).
If someone has a pre-dominant Kapha body-type or an imbalance in Kapha, then the inflammation may worsen if the person eats bananas, dairy, melons and more.
If a client is pre-dominant Vata or has an imbalance in Vata, the inflammation can be caused or worsen if there’s a lot of dry foods in the diet such as: crackers, rice cakes, raw salads, cucumber, carrots and more
In order to lower inflammation its’ important to know your body-type. In that way you’ll know what foods trigger you imbalance.
A plant-based diet doesn’t mean you can’t have any meat or fish ever. When an inflammation is high and the client struggles with knee pain, joint pain, arthritic symptoms or skin disorder then it’s recommended to follow a nutrition plan for a few weeks that doesn’t contain any meat and fish.
If you’re currently struggling with inflammation in your body (joint pain, fatigue, skin rashes, bloating, etc), I invite you to book a virtual consultation with me. Here we meet via video call. I ask you questions. You share your challenges and what you wish to improve within your health and wellbeing.
You can choose between any of the packages that speak to you:
- 1 virtual holistic coaching session
- 4 virtual holistic coaching sessions (includes customised plan)
- 8 virtual holistic coaching sessions: (in-depth sessions with all you need)
- Nutrition health coaching session: ( weekly follow ups for 1 month + 15 page customised health guideline and more)
All my Ayurveda programs are tailor-made to suit YOUR health goals. I develop a nutrition plan that’s personalized to your unique needs (reduce inflammation, weight loss, more energy, improved health and wellbeing).
This is not my dog but my friend’s dog. Hope it puts a smile to your face!
I look forward to connect with you 🙏