In Ayurveda it is believed that our body absorbs vitamins more efficiently from diet, rather than supplements. We don’t need to take supplements if we eat a balanced and natural diet.
SLEEP AND DE-STRESS
Ayurveda recommends that we sleep between 7-9 hours. During sleep the body heals itself and renews cells. This itself can boost the immune system naturally.
Another important factor to boost the immune system is by de-stressing the mind and body. Stress lowers the body’s immune health. When the immunity is low we are more prone to catch diseases.
De-stressing allows you to rejuvenate. You can incorporate an easy de-stress routine by listening to guided meditation or disconnect 30 minutes a day away.
A healthy diet can help ensure you’re getting sufficient amounts of the micronutrients that play a role in maintaining your immune system, including:
- Vitamin B’s, found in salmon, mackerel, eggs, bananas, green vegetables, lentils, black beans and sunflower seeds
- Vitamin C, found in strawberries, oranges, tomatoes, spinach and broccoli
- Vitamin E, found in almonds, peanuts, avocado, olive oil and argan oil
STRESS AND DIET
A healthy diet won’t help much if your body is on “over-work” every day. It is difficult for the body to digest and absorb nutrients from the food you eat when you’re under stress. A bit of stress isn’t harmful but high levels of stress and multitasking all day long can have a serious impact on your health.
Here are simple ways you can de-stress:
1. Stop multitasking. Focus on one thing at time. It’s stressful to work behind the desk plus answering text messages and replying to emails whilst talking on the phone. Instead, be present with what you do and take one thing at a time.
2. Yoga. A natural way to de-stress. You can do yoga at home or in a studio. You may also book online classes via zoom. Find a teacher who aligns with what you need, and understands your health concerns.
3. Meditate. Create a little zen in a room or corner where you can meditate (play calming music or light candles). Reaching a meditative state takes practice but you can start with a few private classes designed accordingly to your needs.
3. Bake a cake. Baking is de-stressing. The smell of baking is calming and immediately relaxes the nervous system.
HAVING TROUBLES SLEEPING WELL AT NIGHT?
GET INSPIRED HERE
WANT TO BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM NATRUALLY? TRY THIS HERE
WANT TO SLEEP BETTER? GET THIS INSPIRING EBOOK
GET 25% DISCOUNT TODAY!