Author: Sally Goldfinger
This healthy low fat cake is easy to make. You can use a loaf pan, then it becomes more of a “banana bread”. You can also use a muffin pan and make muffins from this recipe.
If you want to see the quick 2 minute video, scroll down to the bottom of the page.
This healthy low fat Ayurveda cake is vegan, and you can adapt and adjust the recipe according to your taste:
3 Tablespoons flaxseeds (to use instead of eggs) – If you prefer your cake to be “lighter”, then use 1 Tablespoon flaxseeds instead. 3 TBSP flaxseeds with 3 TBSP water. Or 1 TBSP flaxseeds with 3 TBSP water.
If you prefer to use eggs, then use 2 eggs instead of flaxseeds.
200 gram/ 2 cups white flour (you can use any other flour)
1/2 cup almond flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
2 cardamom pods
Pinch of salt
7-9 tablespoons sugar (If you wan the cake sweeter or less sweet add more or less sugar)
1 cup milk (soya milk or rice milk or any other plant based milk. You can also use normal milk)
3 bananas (if you want a stronger banana taste, use 3 bananas)
- Place flaxseeds in a bowl with 3 TBSP water, put aside while you prepare the rest
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in one ball, except for the sugar
- In another bowl: Wet ingredients: Mash up the bananas and add milk to it. Add the cardamom seeds. Add the flax “eggs”. Stir or mix with a hand mixer, and add the wet ingredients to the dry ones.
- Stir with a wooden spoon. The batter should be thick, not runny. Check if you want it sweeter. Just taste the batter. And add more or less sugar.
- Oil a loaf pan and pour the batter in.
- Sprinkle almonds on top (optional)
- Bake 180 degrees for 40-50 min ( Check the cake after 35 min as each oven works differently. You can always check if your cake is ready by sticking a fork into it).
- Let it cool BEFORE you take the cake out of the loaf pan.
ENJOY! Adjust the cake to however you want. Baking and cooking with intuition is what people used to do. Your grandmother did it. And you can do it too!