Author: Sally Goldfinger
Healthy Energy Balls – Ayurveda Snack – Easy To Make. It’s no bake. It’s healthy. It’s vegan. It’s delicious. It’s sugar-free. It’s easy for your stomach to digest. It’s all good for you.
HEALTHY AYURVEDA SNACKS
We all enjoy snacks. And these days we all snack a bit more than usual.
Keeping it healthy with natural sweet flavours such as cacao, cinnamon, almonds, dates and seeds helps to keep your body in balance.
Natural sweet flavours are an excellent way to satisfy your cravings. Below you have my recipe. Enjoy!
- 500 gram date paste or use 2 cups Medjool dates or any dates you have ( if you use dates, soak them in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain well)
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp almond flour or crushed almonds (optional)
- 2-4 tbsp cacao powder (depends on how chocolatey you like it)
- 1 tbsp water
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Coconut (optional. The coconut is used to role the date balls in)
- Add the 500 gram date paste to a big bowl.
- Add 2-4 spoonsfulls cacao powder on top.
- Meanwhile, pulse the dry ingredients (sesame seeds, flax seeds, nuts, cinnamon) in a food processor or a blender until they’re in small pieces.
- Add 1 spoonful water. Pulse again and add the mixture to the date paste.
- Roll into balls, using the warmth of your hands to shape them together.
- Roll the energy balls in shredded coconut, sesame or cacao powder as per your taste and you are ready to snack on these beauties! You can store them the fridge in an air-tight container for up to a 3 weeks!
GET COSY WITH YOUR SELF HOME RETREAT