I love to bake and many of you have asked me to share one of my recipes. I bake intuitively and therefore it is hard for me to be very precise with my ingredients. But I always try to write down what I do when a cake comes out well. My dream is to create a little recipe book one with my cake Ayurveda Vegan recipes.
Here you have my very easy recipe to a delicious Ayurveda Banana & Chocolate Cake. You can adapt and adjust the recipe according to your taste:
200 gram white flour (you can use any other flour)
100 gram almond flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
5 tablespoons sugar (If you wan the cake sweeter, add 7-10 tablespoons)
1 cup milk (soya milk or rice milk or any other plant based milk. You can also use normal milk)
4-5 tablespoon olive oil
2 bananas (if you want a stronger banana taste, use 3 bananas)
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in one ball
- Mash up the bananas and add milk to it. Stir and add the wet ingredients to the dry ones. Stir with a wooden spoon. Add water if the mix is too dry. Check if you personally want it sweeter. Just taste the batter. And add more sugar if you feel like it.
- Oil a bread skillet and pour the batter in.
- Bake 180 degrees for 40-50 min ( Check the cake after 35 min as each oven works differently. You can always check if your cake is ready by sticking a fork into it).
- Let it cool BEFORE you take the cake out of the skillet.
- If you like chocolate flavour – DO THIS:
Melt dark 75 % chocolate. I used 1/2 a chocolate bar but you can use a whole one. Once the cake has cooled down, pour the chocolate sauce over the cake. ENJOY!
Adjust the cake to however you want. Baking and cooking with intuition is what people used to do. Your grandmother did it. And you can do it too!